Our house was named in honour of Blessed Anne Marie Javouhey, the foundress of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny and our school.
She was born in Jallanges, Cote d'Or, France on November 10, 1779. Deeply religious, she entered the novitiate secretly at 19, but moved from convent to convent, never being fully satisfied, until she and eight others founded the Institute of Saint Joseph of Cluny at Cabillon in 1805. She dedicated her life to spreading the word of God and educating emancipated slaves and other disadvantaged peoples in Africa and the Caribbean. She was beatified by Pope Pius XII in 1950.