The 8th Induction Ceremony into the St. Joseph’s Convent Port of Spain’s Past Pupils’ Hall of Excellence was celebrated on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at our school chapel. This year’s theme was “Women – Let your voices be heard” and the feature address was delivered by the Honourable Speaker of the House, Bridgid Annisette-George. His Grace, Archbishop Most Rev. Joseph Harris presided over and blessed the 6 inductees-
- Margaret Gittens, former President of the SJC POS Past Pupils’ Association (posthumous)
- Allyson Hamel-Smith, Child Psychologist
- Angela Hamel-Smith, Chairman and Founding Member of the Foundation for Human Development, Director and Founding Member of the School Leadership Centre of Trinidad and Tobago
- Jocelyn Monica Pierre, former Director of the Marionette’s Chorale and National Award recipient for contributions to Culture and Music
- Sr. Annetta Juliana Alexander, Founder of the Trinidad and Tobago Reading Association, Principal, Vice President of the Girl Guides Association of Trinidad and Tobago, and Provincial Superior of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny, and
- Sr. Jean Devenish Huggins, Educator and Sister of St. Joseph of Cluny (posthumous)
The Hall of Excellence was established by the Past Pupils' Association in September 2001 and honours alumni who have excelled in various facets of their lives, like Madam Justice Jean Permanand, the first female judge of the Appeal Court and former Chief Justice, and Dr. Alma Jordan, the first UWI St. Augustine Campus Librarian and also, those who have made a significant contribution to the development of the school, like past principal, Sr Paul D’Ornellas.