Services @ the library
We aim to offer service for no less than 9 hours per day, except for Fridays. Our opening hours are
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 7:00 am to 4.45 pm.
- Tuesdays 7.00 am to 2.30 pm
- Friday 7:15 am to 3.45 pm.
The library must however be closed every Tuesday from 2.30 pm for the weekly Library Prefect meeting. Should we be closed at any other time, it will definitely be due to a situation beyond our control and we will be very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
The library welcomes all users, but we are very well utilised, with several classes scheduled daily. During class, we may be unable to offer access to some parts of the facility. Please see our posted library schedule for details of scheduled classes.
We do however have four instructional areas available;
- the Independent Study Area (seats 30) ,
- the Computer Suite (9 workstations),
- the group study tables (seats 34) and
- the Media Viewing Area, large screen television, Direct TV enabled and with a DVD player available upon request (seats 20).
- loans of fiction and non- fiction materials, as well as a small number of items in ebook formats
- access to reference materials within the library
- access to regularly updated, as well as back issues of magazines
- Internet access for approved educational purposes. (Students must file a signed acceptable use agreement with the library and any improper use may result in loss of Internet privileges.)
- access to subscription databases both in school and at home, (using your NALIS membership card)
- black and white and colour laser printing of documents for student use of the networked databases and for assignments.
- laminating (up to letter size)
- Photocopying, before and after school and during break and lunch only. The library strives to be an environmental green zone so we encourage students to take notes rather than make unnecessary copies.